BEYOND Center of EO research and satellite remote sensing of the National Observatory of Athens organized yesterday 22/2/2021 a webinar with several stakeholders from Tunis under the FPCUP action 2019-2-40: Capacity building in Balkans, Middle East, North Africa & Black Sea.
NOA is well positioned in the EU continent but also specifically in the areas of the Balkans, Middle East, and North Africa through specific coordination and support action (GEO-CRADLE H2020 project coordinating and integrating state-of-the-art Earth Observation activities in the regions of North Africa, Middle East, and Balkans and developing links with GEO related initiatives towards GEOSS) and networks (National Contact Points, Enterprise Europe Network).
The main goal of this webinar was to introduce the Copernicus services, the Sentinel missions and the access to data through the Hellenic Mirror Site and the Sentinel Missions-Federated Access.
We also had the opportunity to present to the Tunis scientific and academic community the services provided by the BEYOND Centre on a global and regional scale to crisis management and citizen protection, such as:
- FireHUB (Forest fire monitoring and management service based on satellite remote sensing)
- FloodHUB (Flood monitoring service)
- SolarHUB Nowcasting (Solar energy continuous monitoring service)
- GeoHUB (Geohazards monitoring service using satellite radar interferometry)
- EYWA System (Early Warning System of Mosquito Diseases )
More than 10 organizations participated this webinar and new actions will be organized in order to communicate Copernicus in North Africa.